Re: Status of XSL 1.0 is now Proposed Recommendation

From: Steve Zilles <szilles@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 08:53:16 -0700
To: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
Cc: www-xsl-fo@w3.org, maxf@w3.org, sca@us.ibm.com
At 01:44 AM 9/3/2001 +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>Steve Zilles writes:
>  > 2. Description of CR results
>  >
>  > The CR exit criteria for XSL 1.0 were achieved in August 2001. The
>  > XSL Working Group has documented multiple implementations of each
>  > feature in the specification.
>
>this statement is explicitly contradicted by the very report it cites:
>
>  > The XSL 1.0 implementation report is publicly available at:
>  >
>  >    http://www.w3.org/2001/08/28-XSL-PR-IR.html
>
>"All FOs belonging to the 'basic' conformance level have been
>         implemented, as well as most 'extended' FOs, except:
>
>           1.color-profile
>           2.bidi-override
>           3.multi-toggle, multi-properties, multi-property-sets
>
>         Other mechanisms not reflected in particular FOs and not
>         implemented to our knowledge are
>
>           1.baseline alignment properties
>           2.scrolling mechanisms
>           3.aural properties "
>
>and there does not seem to be a table showing implementation of
>properties? is bidi text really implementated? and all the hyphenation
>properties?

The exit criteria were met provided that the functionality had been
implemented. In some cases, particularly for properties that are also in
CSS or SVG, a CSS or SVG implementation was cited. This applies to the
baseline alignment properties, aural properties, color-profile, scrolling
mechanisms and bidi directional text. I believe Antenna House has
implemented bidi-override. And there is an XSL implementation of the
"multi-" properties.

>just curious whether issues are in fact being fudged....
>
>sebastian

         Steve
Steve Zilles,  Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue,San Jose, CA 95110-2704
Office # +1 408 536-4766
Fax # +1 408 537-4042