Memory usage & performance for large XML files

From: Michael Crino <mCrino@AvantiDestinations.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 04:35:43 -0800
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
Hello,

I just started using FOP and it looks great. I want to use it in one of our
projects, but am running into some issues with memory usage.	I get to about
page 60 and FOP runes out of memory. I have already increased FOP's memory
to 128MB via FOP_OPTS="-Xmx128m". I would like to be able to render a
400-500 page document, but from what I've seen FOP uses about 1.1MB per page
so I would need about 1GB of memory to render this. Dose any one know if
this limitation is going to stay or may be resolved soon?

Also I get a long delay at '[DEBUG]: setting up fonts' when I start
rendering larger XML file (>500kb). Is there any way I can speed this up?

Thanks in advanced,
Keep up the great work!

-Mike