How to avoid using too much memory to create relatively large PDF file

From: Xingjian Shangguan <shangguanhe@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:44:31 -0500 (EST)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Hi,

I am using most recent FOP, Xalan and Xerces to create PDF from the
relatively large amount of data from database.

The program works like this: I first get data from database, produce XML and
use Xalan to process xml to create FO, then I use FOP to create PDF file.  I
am able to create PDF files without any problem, however, I need to manually
allocate a lot of memory to process the FO (like 80M).  The vast amount of
memory is needed when FO is processed to create PDF file.  Does any one have
any idea how can I avoid occupying too much memory.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Sean

Xingjian Shangguan
(732) 424-3980 (H)