Re: page break

   Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:31:09 +0100
   From: Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk>
   Sender: www-xsl-fo-request@w3.org

   At 05:30 PM 6/20/01, Max Froumentin wrote:

   >> In fact I  would like to catch the page break event and write something a
   >> this moment.
   >> Do you think it is possible to do this with xsl:fo.
   >
   >AFAIK you can't "catch the break event" other than getting the page
   >number using fo:page-number.

   I'm not alone in wanting this. I hope the WG are considering these
   aspects for 1.1 or 2.0.

   If others want this, please let the editors know.

   I suggested something like,
   <xsl:if test="newpage">
      <fo:block> running total is ......
   </xsl:if>

If at the beginning of the block you put out a marker saying
"continued on next page"
and at the end of the block you reset that marker to ""
then all you need to do is put in the footer the last occuring
instance of that marker, i think, untested...

David