Re: Using an XSL Formatter as an XSL-FO Web Browser

David Carlisle writes:
 > defaults to some fixed or null value). But to handle shorthands you have
 > to do this  by hand, picking them up parsing the compound value, and
 > assigning to the lower level property macros. It is a lot of extra work
 > for essentially no gain. Ie if I liked the shorthands I could probably
 > implement them, but since they seem like an unpleasant intrusion into
 > the language the incentive isn't really there. (Maybe Sebastian will do
 > it anyway, as you say: user pressure....)

PassiveTeX does indeed expand some shorthands now. Primarily driven by
the RenderX test files, actually, as I find them a useful benchmark. I
really resent having spent the time on it :-}

And I still think that 'font="10pt Helvetica bold"' is horrible in
anyone's book. Thats not a shorthand, its plain laziness! `border-style=solid' I find more comprehensible.

Sebastian