Re: Renderers and XSL-FO, plus other thoughts...

From: Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 17:22:12 +0000
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
At 03:22 PM 2/4/01, you wrote:

>Hi, Dave

Arved:

>I have prepared a diagram which exhibits my Weltanschauung of an ideal
>system. It is attached.

No problems with that, but as David Carlisle pointed out, some have
objected to it on the grounds that semantics of the original document
are lost.

I'd agree with your view, and the caveat in terms of terminology,
fo out to X, is 'inclusive' of all operations to attain the final
rendered form.

Regards DaveP