From: www-xpath-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-xpath-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Le Mai Tung
Sent: 23 May 2006 04:27
To: www-xpath-comments@w3.org
Subject: xpath doesn't support substring !

Hello there,
I got one comment
I want to select the node whose value contains a substring.
For eg:

<Data>
<ID>1</ID>
<Name>Abramson, Norman</Name>
</Data>

I want to select the <Name> node containing "Abramson" , so I cannot use the
= operator, but I found no "substring" command. I must query all nodes,
check them all, kind of lengthy job !
Hope to get this feature someday, thanks for reading.

life is not only 17 inches