xpath doesn't support substring !

From: Le Mai Tung <choconlangthang@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-xpath-comments@w3.org
Hello there,
I got one comment
I want to select the node whose value contains a substring.
 For eg:

 <Data>
   <ID>1</ID>
   <Name>Abramson, Norman</Name>
 </Data>

 I want to select the <Name> node containing "Abramson" , so I cannot use the = operator, but I found no "substring" command. I must query all nodes, check them all, kind of lengthy job !
Hope to get this feature someday, thanks for reading.

life is not only 17 inches