XPath2 questions

From: Peter Schonefeld <peter.schonefeld@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 20:05:20 +1000
To: <www-xpath-comments@w3.org>

Hi,

I have a few questions relating to an implementation of XPath2.0 and hope this is
the correct address for advice.

I'd like to better understand how to address the context item focus over a
sequence of nodes. For example, given the following input sequence into the
expression "//child::mynode" :

(
  <mydocA><mynode></mydocA>,
  <mdocB><mynode></mydocB>
)

Will this return (<mynode>,<mynode>), the child nodes of <mydocA> and <mydocB>?

Also, in the case of the expression "child::mydocA" operating on the same input
sequence, will this result in a singleton sequence of (<mydocA>)? My feeling is
that it does, however if this is correct, I'm finding it difficult to
conceptualise the notion of a child axis for a sequence of items.

Finally, is there a test suite available or under development for XPath 2.0?

Thanks
Peter Schonefeld