Re: [xsl] Namespace wildcards

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:18:52 GMT
To: sicking@bigfoot.com
CC: www-xpath-comments@w3.org

> However using DOM it is possible to create elements in the "" (separate from
> null) namespace [1]. So an XPath implementation using a DOM, rather then a
> raw XML file, will have to take this into account.

No, I disagree, It's the DOM's problem if it doesn't follow the
Namespace REC. Xpath has to treat "" as being the no-namespace case,
even if there is a spurious difference if you access the tree via dom
methods, this must be hidden at the Xpath level. (just as CDATA nodes
and other stuff must be hidden).

David