RE: What does 'ignored' mean?

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:51:45 -0800
To: "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>, <www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org>
They both are correct :-).

The XInclude processor replaces the include element, and all it's
content, so any children of the include element disappear from the
result infoset.

However, this does not mean that the content cannot be useful for a
higher level application prior to include processing, or made available
through infoset extensions after include processing.  The XInclude spec
doesn't describe how this might be done but is careful not to preclude
the possibility.

- Jonathan