RE: Use of 'link' header in HTTP

> I guess I should have finished this ID after all:
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/9707-link-header.html

I found the writeup of this at:

http://hplbwww.hpl.hp.com/people/ange/archives/archives-97/http-wg-archive/1
603.html

Jim Gettys wrote (about removing the section containing the Link header):
==============

The grounds for removing this section include:
	1) there are no known implementations
	2) the WEBDAV group is working in this area, and documenting
different, and incomplete functions, is a bad idea.
	3) there are known problems with some of the proposals: e.g. Link
sytax does not quite seem to be what the HTML group needs for
enabling server setting of sytle sheets; its grammar is suspect.  I've
suggested to Dan Connolly that Link progress as a separate (very short)
Internet Draft to proposed standard with whatever they need, and hopefully
quickly.	4) there has been no known discussion of these features on the
mailing list, and given we don't know of any implementations, going to
draft standard with these in the document is a bad idea.