question about lexical and value spaces

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:10:42 -0500 (EST)
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

I have a question about the relationship between lexical and value
spaces in XML Schema datatypes.

In XML Schema 1.0 each value has to have at least on lexical
representation, as evidenced in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028/#value-space

*********************
2.2 Value space

[Definition:]  A value space is the set of values for a given
datatype. Each value in the value space of a datatype is denoted by one
or more literals in its lexical space.

However I cannot find this requirement in XML Schema 1.1.

Is it true that this is a change between XML Schema 1.0 and XML Schema
1.1?   (By the way, I am completely in favour of this change.)

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research