Make more use of {base type definition}

From: Pete Cordell <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:14:54 -0000
To: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>, <bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org>

In "Complex Type Definition with simple content Schema Component" of 3.4.2
and possibly other places, the text repeatedly uses the phrase:

    The type definition ·resolved· to by the ·actual value· of the base
[attribute]

which {base type definition} is defined to be.

Therefore, instead of saying something like (from {simple type definition}
of {content type}):

    If the type definition ·resolved· to by the ·actual value· of the base
    [attribute] is a complex type definition whose own {content type}
    has {variety} simple and the <restriction> alternative is chosen,...

You could say:

    If the {base type definition} is a complex type definition whose
    {content type} has {variety} simple and the <restriction>
    alternative is chosen,...

I know this doesn't shorten the sentence by much, but it removes one level
of indirection in interpreting the sentence.  I also note that the text for
{assertions} references {base type definition}.

So...

- Is it editorial policy to use the long sentence form? (In which case the
text about {assertions} needs fixing.)

- Has a suitable bug already been reported?  (I did a search but couldn't
find anything)

- Should I add a bug report for it?

Thanks,

Pete Cordell