[XSCD] Minor terminology query

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:29:16 +0100
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Wrt e.g. the example

in section 4.2.17 the prose says

 "This path designates global or local element declarations whose
  local name is quantity"

The use of the phrase "local name" introduces at least a confusion and
at worst a big.

I can't immediately detect whether you rule out using the default
namespace (I think you should, because you _can't_ declare it using
the xmlns() XPointer scheme), but lets suppose you did or do rule it
out, then the above should read:

  "This path designates global or local element declarations whose
   name is 'quantity' in no namespace"

or words to that effect.

                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk