[XSCD] Minor terminology query

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:29:16 +0100
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Wrt e.g. the example

 //quantity

in section 4.2.17 the prose says

 "This path designates global or local element declarations whose
  local name is quantity"

The use of the phrase "local name" introduces at least a confusion and
at worst a big.

I can't immediately detect whether you rule out using the default
namespace (I think you should, because you _can't_ declare it using
the xmlns() XPointer scheme), but lets suppose you did or do rule it
out, then the above should read:

  "This path designates global or local element declarations whose
   name is 'quantity' in no namespace"

or words to that effect.

                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk