Re: Comments on XML Schema:Structure draft

From: Patrick Steer <webmaster@die-werbung.de>
Date: 05 Jul 2004 09:55:42 -0600
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

I entirely agree with your opinion. Liam's view is that of concern over
 > > misuse where I am more concerned with functionality.
 I believe XML
 > > community can benefit from a guideline for proper use of PI as well
as some
 > > mechanism for registering PI target names. Meanwhile we need to
encourage
 > > HTML browsers to recognize PI so that we do not lose this important
feature
 > > of XML.
 > > Let me reiterate that in my mind the best way to handle this would
be to > allow these floating element types in <a
href="http://xml.project-web.org">XML</a> schemas. So in a sense I am
for > the removal of PIs ... once they are properly replaced. I can
think of an > element-syntax replacement that would be far superior.