RE: float and double ordered facet value, error in 2E PER

From: Dave Peterson <davep@iit.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 13:31:47 -0400
To: Ashok Malhotra <ashokma@microsoft.com>, www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

At 9:30 AM -0700 040503, Ashok Malhotra wrote:
>Should we also change Schema so that NaN not equal to NaN?

It's my understanding that there is a proposal to that effect for 1.1.
It cannot be done for 1.0 since 1.0's assummptions about equality and
identity are expected to be different from those of 1.1.

The original comment here is about 1.0.  Since even in 1.0 neither float
nor double are totally ordered, making NaN incomparable with itself will
not change things.
--
Dave Peterson
SGMLWorks!