XML Schema 1.0 comments

From: by way of <mmani@cs.wpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:25:07 -0600
To: W3C XML Schema Comments list <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>

To XML-Schema people:

I would like to give some of my comments regarding XML Schema 1.0. I am
attaching it as a word document, hope this works.

The main thing I am considering is: identity constraints and wildcards. I
try to examine one point: when you insert an element into a valid document
whose information set already has the type assignment, you do not want the
types of any exisiting element to change, or you do not want additional
constraints to be imposed on any existing element..

Basically, I will say that key constraints are defined on types. And right
now XML Schema's key constraints does not stick to "single type tree
grammars" w.r.to key constraints. Sticking to single type is beneficial..

Let me know if you have any questions or comments. I hope you find these
comments useful for the schema specification.

best regards,
murali.
(Assistant Professor, Computer Sciece Dept, WPI)