RE: XML Schema tome 0 : Introduction

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Languillat, Emmanuel [SMTP:emmanuel.languillat@sap.com]
> Sent:	Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:34 AM
> To:	W3C XML Schema Comments list
> Subject:	XML Schema tome 0 : Introduction

I just noticed this message on the comments list.  In my attempt to practice my French, I'll try to translate (its not very hard, its loaded with cognates :-).  If my translation is correct, I'm not sure what ambiguity the comment is remarking on.

> Bonjour,

Hello,

Allow me make a small comment regarding the XML Schema Part 0: Introduction available at the URL http://xmlfr.org/w3c/TR/xmlschema-0/.

> Chapitre 2.2, on peut lire (juste apres la definition du type USAddress)
> "La cons> équence de cette définition est que toute instance de cet élément
> dans l'instance (par exemple shipTo du fichier po.xml) doit être constituée
> de cinq éléments et d'un attribut."

In Chapter 2.2, one can read (just after the definition of the type USAddress) "The consequence of this definition is that all instances of this element in an instance (for example shipTo in the file po.xml) must consist of 5 elements and one attribute.

> Et toujours dans le meme chapitre 2.2 (juste apres la definition du type
> PurchaseOrderType):
> "Les éléments shipTo et billTo peuvent également recevoir l'attribut
> country qui fait partie de la définition de USAddress."

Also in the same chapter 2.2 (just after the definition of the type PurchaseOrderType):	"The elements shipTo and billTo may equally have a country attribute which is part of the definition of USAddress."

> Dans le premier cas shipTo DOIT avoir l'attribut, dans le deuxieme cas,
> shipTO PEUT avoir l'attribut. Il y a un reelle difference de signification.
> (j'ai regarde la version anglaise, et nous avons la meme ambiguite).

In the first case shipTo MUST have the attribute, in the second case, shipTo MAY have the attribute.  This is a X significant difference [trans: I can't find a translation of reelle...it might be a typo] .  (I have seen the English version, and it has the same abiguity).

> Cordialement, Emmanuel Languillat

Cordially, Emmanuel Languillat