Different elements depending on the value of an attribute

From: by way of <a.galmes@barcelo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:24:45 -0700
To: W3C XML Schema Comments list <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
We have developed an XML application and now I'm trying to write an schema
to validate the incoming requests. The problem is that I don't know if it
is possible to write an schema reflecting the way we are working: we have a
set of possible requests and then we send a response. The type of each
request is set with the attribute "type", and depending of this type, the
content of the request must be one or another. For example:
<request type="user data">
<request type="users list">

I can't find a way to define a suitable schema. Could someone help? thanks.