inheritance xml schema

From: Nathalia Devina Widjaja <pedal@ihug.com.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:10:28 -0600
To: W3C XML Schema Comments list <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
My name is Nathalia Widjaya and I am Monash University student in Australia
that is currently doing research degree in XML field. I have questions
regarding this. Someone  wrote that XML Schema lack of multiple
inheritance. Is it still like that until now? BUt, can we do it by mixing
the hierarchy and attributes? How about the other types of inheritance,
such as union inheritance, partition and mutual exclusive? If you know how
to write that by example, could you please tell me how to do that? It will
be much appreciated.

And, do you think XML schema can make the parent class in inheritance
abstract...or disabled so that it can not be used in the XML to record the
data...
  And, can we make the ID in the parent class as a sequence number so that
the sub class will not overlap each other? Because what I am trying to do
is to find out whether XML schema can support union , partial and mutual
exclusive inheritance...and it requires the parent class abstract and the
others requires the child class to be overlapped.

Thanks for your help.

~A life spent in making mistakes is not only more honorable but more
useful than a life spent doing nothing.~
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cheers,
Nathalia Devina Widjaya