facets/derivations from anySimpleType

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 11:27:29 +0100
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

There's a comment in the non-normative section 3.14.1 saying it
shouldn't be named as a base type in a user definition.

This is certainly wrong on one count -- it rules out defining a user-named
synonym for anySimpleType, which should be OK.

It's probably wrong on another count -- both whiteSpace and pattern
facets make sense as restrictions on aST, and the sForS actually gives
whiteSpace facet values in all its pseudo-definitions of the builtin
in primitives.

So I think the comment should be changed to point out instead that only
those facets make sense, and a normative prohibition of any others
should be added to part 2.