Omission in <element> constraint in Schema Structures spec

From: <mhuffman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:02:03 -0500
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
The XML Schema Structures spec has a constraint on <element>s whose parent
is not <schema> which reads:
 nullable(nillable), default, fixed, block and type must be absent, i.e. only minOccurs,
 maxOccurs, id are allowed in addition to ref, along with <annotation>.

This is in "Schema Representation Constraint: Element Declaration
Representation OK" (CR spec section 4.3.2 ... Current (Feb 10/2001) spec
section 3.3.3).  This constraint omits the 4 other attributes of <element>
- abstract, final, form, and substitutionGroup.

My assumption is that these 4 attributes also "must be absent" if ref is
present, otherwise the schema would be in error.

Can someone please confirm this or correct my assumption?  Thanks.
Mark Huffman
XML Parsers, Toronto Lab
(416) 448-2332     T/L 778