unresolved MPEG-7 queries/issues

From: Jane Hunter <jane@dstc.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:06:34 +1000
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
I'm resending four questions which I sent in an earlier email

which remain unanswered. I'd appreciate your advice.

1. Global attributes

When referring to a global attribute whilst declaring a local
can you modify its "use" attribute value and expect this to overwrite
original value?

<attribute name="myAtt" type="integer"/>

   <!-- can we expect the default value, 0, is specified
        in the following local attribute? -->
    <attribute ref="myAtt" use="default" value="0"/>

2. Root Elements

Is there a recommended way to specify a root element amongst global
elements in an instance document ?

3. Is it possible to derive an abstract complexType from a non-abstract

4. Using derivation by restriction, can we change the content model of
a group
from choice[0,n] to sequence?