RE: subtyping

Thank you for your question.  The ability to simultaneously restrict and
extend types is something that the WG has considered, both for simply and
complex types.  However, the WG has decided that for version 1.0 of the
schema language, that support for this feature will not be supported.
However, we have recorded this as a possibility for future versions of the
spec.

thank you,

pvb