XMLSchema-2 (datatypes) namespaces

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:53:41 +0100
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
I note that http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/ indicates no less than
*three* different URI forms that might be applicable:

   http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema#...        (section 3)
   http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#...           (section 3.1, schema)
   http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes#... (section 3.1)

Then there's appendix A, which is somewhat schizophrenic about whether or
not it is normative (the heading say it is, the schema comments say it isn't.)

+ I think the section 3 form noted above is probably an error.

+ I think the normative status comments in the schema text need to be
aligned with the document section heading.

At http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#schema:

Heading:
   A Schema for Datatype Definitions (normative)

Schema comment:
   <!-- XML Schema schema for XML Schemas: Part 2: Datatypes -->
   <!-- Note this schema is NOT the normative datatypes schema.
-->       <!--d-->
   <!-- The prose copy in the structures REC is the normative
   <!-- version (which shouldn't differ from this one except for
   <!-- this comment and entity expansions, but just in case

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)