Re: comments for XML Schema 20010330

Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org> writes:

> The terminology or conformance sections could explain that:
>      The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
>      NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and
>      "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in
>      [RFC2119].
> with RFC 2119 as a normative reference. If you don't want to use the
> RFC, then you could explain why not.

I've used the prose from XML 1.0 (2e) now for 'may' and 'must', and
included some qualifying remarks.  2119 really isn't appropriate in my
view.

> The glossary in Structures should be cut. Perhaps it is automatically
> generated and that would explain why some terms are never defined or
> definitions refer to text not present in the glossary. For example:
>      "base wildcard
>           let the base wildcard be defined as"

I'm working on improving the obviously silly ones, but have had positive
feedback that those working from printed versions that this section is
useful warts and all -- do you really think it should come out?

ht