2001 PR double and floats.

From: David Crowley <dcrowley@sgi.internal.scitegic.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:40:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Hello --

I have some questions and comments about the 2001 PR XML Schema.

1)  The float and double types do not derive from any base type. I believe
they should derive from a common base type which allows unlimited precision
as long, int, short derive from decimal.

2) It is also unclear if doubles and floats values are allowed to start
with an optional "+", plus it also only inderectly states that it is valid
to start with an optional "-".

3) Is +INF a valid lexical representation for double and floats?

Thanks,

David Crowley