LC 77 and LC 122 proposed response

From: Biron,Paul V <Paul.V.Biron@kp.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:33:44 -0700
To: "'www-xml-schema-comments'" <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "'Swick, Ralph'" <swick@w3.org>, "'Arnold, Curt'" <Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com>, "'w3c-xml-schema-ig'" <w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org>
I have been asked by the Schema WG to send the following response to the
last call comments [1] and [2], which have been given the labels LC 122 [3]
and LC 77 [4] for tracking purposes.

Thanx to both of the original commentors for raising this issue.  The
datatypes editors had intended all along to do what was requested (move the
has-facet and has-property elements outside the schema namespace *and*
provide a schema [with documentation] for their semantics and use), but just
didn't have the time prior issuing the Last Call WD.

I new (internal) point-release of the XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes spec is
now available [5], which includes the proposed resolution of these issues.
If the proposed resolution does not adequately satisfy your request, or if
you
need additional clarification on this subject, please let me know.

pvb