Re: XML Schemas: Needs Marketing?

From: Bill la Forge <b.laforge@jxml.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:59:28 -0500
To: "Edd Dumbill" <edd@usefulinc.com>, "Roger L. Costello" <costello@mitre.org>, "Dave Hollander" <dmh@commerce.net>
Cc: <xml-dev@xml.org>, <www-xml-schema-comments@w3c.org>, "Schneider,John C." <jcs@mitre.org>, "Cokus,Michael S." <msc@mitre.org>, "Ripley,Michael W." <rip@mitre.org>
From: Dave Hollander <dmh@commerce.net>
> PS. Regarding "heavy" schemas: I do not see why someone could not
> use a sub-set of XML Schemas to achieve a easy to learn and use
> schema language. If anyone has ideas on this application profile,
> let me know.

Such a sub-set could have tremendous utility, both for simplified implementations
and as a means of learning the larger schema.

I think it should be possible, though I have no idea of the effort required, to
define a standard subset roughly equivalent to DTDs. But I suspect such a
standard would have great value.

Bill la Forge