Re: XML Schemas: Needs Marketing?

From: Dave Hollander <dmh@commerce.net>
> PS. Regarding "heavy" schemas: I do not see why someone could not
> use a sub-set of XML Schemas to achieve a easy to learn and use
> schema language. If anyone has ideas on this application profile,
> let me know.

Such a sub-set could have tremendous utility, both for simplified implementations
and as a means of learning the larger schema.

I think it should be possible, though I have no idea of the effort required, to
define a standard subset roughly equivalent to DTDs. But I suspect such a
standard would have great value.

Bill la Forge