Re: concrete syntax for derivation

From: <petsa@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:52:38 -0500
To: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
cc: XML Schema Comments <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
James:
The sub-text is that someday we may want to allow types to be derived from
other types by a variety of operations.  Add-at-the-end would be one of
them
but we may want to allow others such as add-at-start, reorder-contents,
etc.
To leave the door open for the syntax specifies both the source type and
the
operation that creates the new type.

Having said that, I would prefer that
   derivedBy="extension"