Re: Question on XMLSchema

From: <petsa@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:16:42 -0400
To: rajani kanigiri <rajani.kanigiri@mail.sprint.com>
cc: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Sorry to take so long to reply.

The syntax is not yet completely nailed down so what follows is an
approximation of what we may eventually end up with.

//Define an abstract type
<type name='shoeOrder'>
      <element name='size'  type = 'integer'>
//Associate a GI with the type
<element name='purchaseOrder' type='shoeOrder'>

//Here is how it would appear in an instance document

Ashok Malhotra

rajani kanigiri <rajani.kanigiri@mail.sprint.com>@w3.org on 09/02/99 10:56:35 AM

Sent by:  www-xml-schema-comments-request@w3.org

To:   www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Subject:  Question on XMLSchema

I have a question on XML schema datatypes
If we define a user defined data type
double[] scores;
How do we call it in XML file

I request you to send me the response as soon as possible.

Rajani Kanigiri.