Re: minOccur, maxOccur

From: <petsa@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:02:21 -0400
To: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
cc: Www-Xml-Schema-Comments@w3.org, Xml-Dev <Xml-Dev@Ic.Ac.Uk>
I spoke to one of our developers and he thinks minOccurs, maxOccurs
is a bear to implement.  I'd be glad to see it removed.

Regards, Ashok

 image moved to Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
 file:          05/10/99 05:19 PM

To:   www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org, xml-dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
cc:    (bcc: Ashok Malhotra/Watson/IBM)
Subject:  minOccur, maxOccur

I dispute the usefulness of minOccur and maxOccur. I would like to hear
about where people would use these features. I find that people often want
them but can find a clearer way of expressing their document type when
they are not available.

And so, in one of history's little ironies, the global triumph of bad
software in the age of the PC was reversed by a surprising combination
of forces: the social transformation initiated by the network, a
long-discarded European theory of political economy, and a small band
of programmers throughout the world mobilized by a single simple idea.
 - http://old.law.columbia.edu/my_pubs/anarchism.html