Data Model WD - Schema Components

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:21:45 +0000
To: www-xml-query-comments@w3.org
Hi,

In Section 8, there are a number of places where there's a reference
to a 'derived-by-refinement' accessor - these should be
'derived-by-restriction', I think.

In Section 8.1, the second sentence of the third paragraph states:

 "The [element-declaration] ([attribute-declaration]) property
  contains an *element information item* that is isomorphic to the XML
  Schema element or attribute declaration of the element or attribute
  information item." (my emphasis)

Presumably you mean an element declaration or attribute declaration
information item rather than an element information item? Or do you
mean that you basically get an element node, called 'xs:element', with
a 'name' attribute and possibly a 'type' attribute and so on? I think
the latter is a very bad idea, because (a) a schema might not have an
XML representation and (b) the same schema could have many XML
representations, and all of them should be treated the same.

I guess that you're working on this section, since it's very
under-specified at present, and Appendix D doesn't conform with the
description in Section 8.

Cheers,

Jeni
---