clarifying xlink:actuate and xlink:show

From: Brett Zamir <brettz9@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 01:37:38 +0800
To: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org

I think it might be helpful to be able to specify (in a more concrete
way than just assigning the value of "other") the pattern used for
identifying the conditions under which xlink:actuate or xlink:show will
have a particular value. Perhaps reference could be made to conditions
indicating that if the element name was such-and-such, a certain
behavior should occur, if an attribute was present or had a particular
value, or a child element or sequence of elements were present/had
certain values, etc. I think having such an option would be more robust
in allowing behaviors to be determined conditionally via a predictable
pattern identification mechanism.

thank you,
Brett Zamir