Re: [xlink11] error handling

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:39:02 +0100, Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
wrote:
> | Currently it is undefined for example what UAs should do when the
> elements
> | mentioned in section 4.2 are not direct children but descendants.
> Should the UA
> | do all that is possible to show information to the user or must it
> only check
> | the children?
>
> Section 4.2 seems clear. It lists the parent/child relationships that are
> significant and states that other combinations are not conformant.

Non conformant and error handling are quite distinct topics. Did the WG
perhaps misunderstood the comment?

> | I suggest that the specification gets a normative error handling
> section.
>
> Please see the thread that begins at 0013.

I don't see how
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2006JanMar/0013>
(or any of the subsequent e-mails) relates to my issue. Note that this was
an example.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>