Re: [xlink11] error handling

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:39:02 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Cc: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org
/ Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl> was heard to say:
| I support:
|  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2005JulSep/0013>

Apologies for not replying to this post sooner. I took this to be a
"+1" for the thread that begins at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-linking-comments/2005JulSep/0013
and failed to reply to this message in particular.

| Currently it is undefined for example what UAs should do when the elements
| mentioned in section 4.2 are not direct children but descendants. Should the UA
| do all that is possible to show information to the user or must it only check
| the children?

Section 4.2 seems clear. It lists the parent/child relationships that are
significant and states that other combinations are not conformant.

| I suggest that the specification gets a normative error handling section.

Please see the thread that begins at 0013.

Please let us know if this reply satisfies your concerns.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm