Re: XLink 1.1: Error handling

* Norman Walsh wrote:
>Perhaps I'm being inconsistent, but I don't think so. I'm reluctant to
>try to define error handling behavior, to try to say what XLink
>processors should/may/must do with markup that doesn't conform to
>XLink (but which looks like maybe it was supposed to).

The latest draft requires applications to perform "markup conformance
testing according to all the conformance constraints appearing in this
specification". To clarify what this means you proposed to change that
to a requirement to apply "XLink semantics only to those elments which
satisfy the markup conformance criteria". This is equivalent to saying
"XLink 1.1 processors MUST NOT apply XLink semantics to elements which
do not satisfy the markup conformance criteria". That's most obviously
prescribing what XLink processors MUST do with markup that does not
conform to XLink. So I still don't understand what the Working Group
proposes to mitigate the problems I pointed out.