Re: XPointer

gtn@rbii.com (Gavin Thomas Nicol) writes:
>FWIW. It feels to me like you are trying to fit XLink/XPointer into
>your expectations of what URI's are supposed to be, and finding a
>mismatch. I think everyone would appreciate a detailed explanation.

That's my feeling as well - it seems like a conflation of the
expectations for URIs (abstract resource, negotiable media type) with
URI references (concrete representation, media type known and used for
fragment identifier interpretation.)

If URI references require the same acceptance of contingency that URIs
require, I'm afraid we're going to need a new mechanism in order to
create hypertexts (and hypertext-based structures) using concrete XML
documents.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether