Xlink w/queries

From: jason burbage <jason@netfiredesigns.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:24:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org>
Hi everyone.

I'm relatively new to the whole XML scene and I'm having a little
trouble using CGI-style queries with XLink (?foo1=bar1&foo2=bar2).  I
read an old archived message here that said it should work, no problem
(per RFC 2396) but the question mark and ampersand in the URL still
seems to throw off the XML interpreter (it says it's malformed).  I
tried url-encoding them (%3F) but it interprets that literally.  I know
it's just my naivety, and I hope someone here has a simple answer to my
question.

Thanks!

Jason