Re: XPointer [] operator

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 09:15:41PM -0700, Danny Vint wrote:
> In section 5.3 The point and range Location Types, in the last paragraph is
> this reference to the XPointer [] operator. What is this? This is the only
> place that the word operator is used and trying to search for ['s is
> painful with the number of uses in this document.
>
> I recognize this as XPath predicate notation, did someone just create a new
> word for this or is there a missing definition (or a definition I didn't see)?

 Yes that's a wording error. This is, as you point out, the XPath predicate
(production 8 of the XPath spec http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-Predicate).
This error is still present in the internal working draft, I will try
to get fixed by the editors before the next publication.

  thanks a lot for the report,

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com