Re: CR exit criteria for XLink/Schema imposed by XHTML/SMIL

At 12:23 PM 9/21/00 +0200, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
>You can design a single XSLT transformation working with different
>namespaces (but you have to know them in advance).
>Isn't it the same with XML Schema ?
>Wouldn't you have to define a schema for each namespace --even if you
>can "ref" attributes in a common one ?

Yes, I think so.  You still have to bind your attributes to the XLink
simple datatypes.

> > But I guess it's better to postpone a discussion until the note
> > is actually public - Daniel, any idea when this will be ?
> > Maybe you can already make the draft that you have today public, and
> > then
> > potentially update it based on discussions.
>
>I think you're right, since I miss an important piece of the puzzle !

I was hoping to get a chance to augment the Note a little bit before
publication, but I may not get the chance.  Perhaps we could publish, then
revise later.

         Eve
--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com