RE: need clarification on 2.13 (Normalization Checking)

OK, this is the case here.

> > If this is the case, protocols that currently use XML 1.0 for
> marshalling
> > will either
> >
> > - have to stay with XML 1.0 or
> >
> > - ensure that composing characters do not appear in protocol messages.
>
> XML is not meant to be a dumping ground for arbitrary sequences of
> Unicode characters without regard to sense.

I didn't mean to say that. It's just that I think that this change will
break more than the editors seem to think, and that those who are affected
are not aware of that. I personally believe that Unicode normalization would
be a good thing.