RE: some quick questions regarding XKMS

First, fix "XMLS 2.0" to "XKMS 2.0".

In addition to federated identity (as Rich has suggested), I would also
emphasize its value for Web Services in general.  In plain language for the
reporter I would say,

"XKMS is a major re-invention of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) -- the
technology for managing users (both human and machine) and their respective
cryptographic keys.  Though PKI is a profoundly important technology for
modern security systems, prior to XKMS, it has also proved to be too
technically demanding for widespread use.  XKMS is PKI redesigned for
today's security applications.  XKMS makes it practical to implement the key
management necessary for federated identity (being able to use a an identity
seamlessly across applications and systems) and for securing Web Services
(which allows applications running on different platforms and different
domains to work together)."

How does that sound?

Regards, Ed

Ed Simon
(613) 726-9645
edsimon@xmlsec.com
Interested in XML, Web Services, or Security?  Visit "www.xmlsec.com".
Now available!  "Web Services Security" published by Osborne (ISBN#
0072224711)