Re: Debriefing teleconf for tuesday 5 June?

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:30:20 +0100
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Cc: jose.kahan@w3.org, www-xkms@w3.org

Rich Salz wrote:

>>   How about XKMS as a way to allow XML applications to
>>   more easily integrate with Kerberos?
>
> You mean like xkms:Register for "get TGT" and xkms:Locate for "get ticket"?

Exactly. And perhaps also xkms:Validate for translating a ticket (for
me) into a KeyInfo containing the session key & originating principal
name (or something like that).

Same XML/ASN.1 & KeyInfo/(Ticket/Cert) issues we've handled
already. Work needed would be a bit of analysis, some smallish new
protocol bits (mainly use of xmlenc to wrap keys I guess), and,
the hard bit: sufficient interest!

> Seems like a neat hack, we'd like to talk about it.

Cool. Anyone else?

Stephen.