Re: Confusing 8.1

From: Tommy Lindberg <tommy.lindberg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:49:08 +0000
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>, XKMS WG <www-xkms@w3.org>

> We do need something - this is an area where interop
> will (already has I believe) break down.

Four implementors have independantly implemented the "Limited Use
Shared Secret" algorithm in a way that interoperates so I have not
seen a break down yet.  However, both the spec and the existing shared
secret distribution points (at least my service) avoid cases that lead
to ambigous interpretation.

> Maybe change the spec to only allow a smaller subset of
> strings to become keys

I'm in favor of this option, provided that the recommendations in
Section 10.4 can still be followed.

Regards
Tommy