Re: Confusing 8.1

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:40:38 +0000
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Cc: XKMS WG <www-xkms@w3.org>

Rich, All,

 >>Moreover, what does "all shared string values are encoded as XML" mean?
 >
 > foo&amp;bar
 > &#20;leading-whitespace

Is there a good place to point to for this that has lots
of examples?

Or...

Should we include an example of our string2key function
that shows a whole bunch of the really nasty things you
might hit?

Or...

Maybe change the spec to only allow a smaller subset of
strings to become keys (raising the wrath of the I18N
folks no doubt).

We do need something - this is an area where interop
will (already has I believe) break down.

Stephen.