Re: Enumerations in schema

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:10:57 -0400 (EDT)
To: tommy lindberg <lindberg_tommy@hotmail.com>
Cc: "berin@wingsofhermes.org" <berin@wingsofhermes.org>, "www-xkms@w3.org" <www-xkms@w3.org>

> > I'm not a huge expert in XMLSchema, but my understanding is that
> > enumeration values are literal.

When I said you were right, I was wrong.  In fact, you are wrong. :)
Sorry for the confusion (but hey, it's XML Schema, confusion is standard).

The XSD "enumeration" element specifies a restriction on the *value
space*,  not the *lexical space.*  This means that yes, it shouldn't
match the exact string literal "xkms:Signature".  Unfortunately, the
way you specify the (err..) value-space value is to uses the lexical
space syntax.  For most things like strings, numbers, etc., this isn't
a problem, for since QName's are a tuple (ns,localname) you have to
use the nsprefix:localname syntax.... ugh.

I got that from sections 3.2.18 and 4.3.5 of part 2 of the Schema

Let's move to URI's. :)

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html