Re: level of effort: (Was: Re: Draft minutes of the 13/Apr/2004 XKMS teleconference)

Stephen Farrell wrote:

> I'm sure that we will increase the level of participation over the
> next month, but I, for one, do not intend to go through all the w3c
> bureaucracy involved in generating a PR etc. unless there's real
> interest out there.
>
> So, start writing code and being more noisy on the list folks!
> Stephen.

I've been lurking in here for a while now.  So purely for the purposes
of getting a discussion going....

I must admit to being a little unclear as to what is going to be the
process for interop here.  We (Apache) are starting a process of
creating an implementation.  But it's not quite like XML Encryption or
Signature, where I can test my interoperability by simply posting a
message/set of messages to the list.  With XKMS the client/server
ineractions are very immediate, and you want to show SOAP/TLS etc. as
well as XML processing.

http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/xkms-implementations/ mentions a test
matrix.  Is there a first cut of this?  Maybe we need to define a set of
  required interactions mapping them to the XKMS features that need to
be shown as working to be interoperable?

E.g. an XKMS client used to encrypt an XML message to
blautenb@apache.org using a key requested from the XKMS server at the
ASF (which doesn't exist yet :>).  Being able to use the key to encrypt
shows I have successfully retrieved and interpreted it.

Cheers,
	Berin