RE: FW: More changes.

From: Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker@verisign.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:57:25 -0800
To: "'Joseph Reagle'" <reagle@w3.org>, "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@verisign.com>, "Www-Xkms (E-mail)" <www-xkms@w3.org>

> And is it safe to say that the validation criteria are those
> identified by
> the UseKeyWith (rePolicy)? (Presuming my confusion in this
> outstanding
> email is corrected [1].)
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xkms/2002Dec/0084.html

They are the validation criteria identified by the services own
interpretation of UseKeyWith.

So if the client thinks that DNA blood samples are necessary to do
S/MIME
then it requires them. If on the other hand it does not think that a
valid cert signature is required then the client may well have problems.

We are not specifying the policy. However the actions of the service are
likely to be constrained by a contractual relationship that causes the
service to interpret policy in a manner that is consistent with
intersubjectively established industry norms.

		Phill